Monday, August 25, 2008

The Pioneer Woman


OK....my newest obsession is...thepioneerwomen.com. My sister-in-law Kristi got me hooked on the website. We, yes I said we, have read their entire love story and are waiting for the next installment. It's all about the "city girl" who was going to live in Chicago and gave it all up for a rancher in OK. It is such a great story and she's a very entertaining writer...and photographer. Her site has photos, stories, daily updates, home and gardening posts and a great section on cooking with step by step instructions and photos.

The whole point in telling you this is I have been making some of them. I was so proud that I made a good, tasty and pretty meal last week, that I had to take a picture of it! We enjoyed it about 845 at night after little man was fast asleep...candles...wine.....lovely "plated" meal.........wait...is that a bite out of all of it already.....crap...I forgot to take the picture before I dug in..........well....you'll get the gist of it anyway. It was a great meal of crispy yogurt chicken, CRASH! hot potatoes and a wedge salad with ranch, feta and dill and a lovely Riesling to go with it. I highly recommend http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/


1 comment:

KJ said...

Yum!!!
Have you tried Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich yet? If not, you simply must!!