Sunday, December 30, 2007

Big Day for Brodie

Friday was a pretty big day for Brodie, he got to meet some of the family. Grandpa Ron & Grandma Joan stopped in to see the latest grandchild. I was a little worried when mom was holding him, after all I'm sure she must've dropped Wade when he was a baby, but she did all right!!
Grandpa Hoss & Grandma Jan stopped by too, pretty sure they think their new grandson is a keeper.
Uncle Jeff, Auntie Kristi, and cousins Aidyn & Nolan also dropped by. I didn't think I was ever going to get to hold my son again after Aidyn got him in her lap!! She loved holding him and giving him lots of "sugar" !!! Sure was fun to see how excited she was over her baby cousin!!
Nolan even decided he wanted to hold Brodie, which I think made Kristi a little nervous. He did such a great job and it must've been very hard for him because I have never seen him sit so still for that long!! I don't know how I failed to get pictures of Grandpa Ron, Jeff & Kristi holding him, but I'm going to go ahead and blame it on sleep deprivation!!

Saturday was another big day for all of us, because we got to bring our little bundle of joy home!! It was very exciting for us all, I'm pretty sure that it was the safest I have driven in my entire life. Everyone is doing very well, Lisa is very sore and moving kinda slow but after 18 hours of labor and a C-section I think she is doing better than most people would be. I know I will never ever be able to tease her about not being a tough chic ever again after all that. But you all will have to ask her about trying to con me into believing that she couldn't change a diaper for six weeks since she had surgery!! Brodie is doing just great, and we are trying to get used to his feeding schedule, and the lack of sleep, but we are loving every moment of it!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Lisa, you look great. And, Cody, that wasn't a nice comment about Wade.

KJ said...

Love all the pictures!!! The kids have been talking about him non-stop. We went to Target tonight and everything we saw, one of the kids would say "We should get that for Brodie..." We didn't get everything, but we may have picked up a few things. :-)

Lisa said...

anonymous...who are you??????? Please sign your name so we know who we can laugh with!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are precious!! Wish we could be there to hold him as well. Hope you are feeling better soon, Lisa. This whole experience is overwhelming, isn't it??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you! Brodie is a beautiful baby, even Katie said so and she sees babies all the time at work. Ron, Joan, Shane, Yvonne, and the kids were here and Ronnie remembered the address for this website so we all looked at the pictures together. Katie,Kyle (her husband) and Justin were here as well. It was a full house and we were all oohing and awing over your little baby.
I will check in and look at the new pictures often.

Anonymous said...

Brodie is VERY cute! I cant wait to see more pictures of him! Lisa, I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully we will get to meet Bodie soon and not have to wait till the family reunion in '09.
Have a happy and healthy '08!
Katie and Kyle