Monday, December 17, 2007

Good bye Jess




Last week was a pretty tough week for us, we had to say good bye to Jess. She was my faithful companion, friend, therapist, comedian, and travelling partner for 13 years. She had been staying with my mom and dad til we found a place in the country. Last week they called and said she was sick and the vet didn't think it was very good, but they wanted to do exploratory surgery to find out. Well I guess God must have needed a good dog because the results from the surgery were not good at all, and we didn't want her to suffer any more, so we had to say good bye. I have had her since she was a pup, and she used to love traveling to rodeos with me. Her absolute favorite thing was riding horse. She just loved to follow those dang horses until she was ready to drop, and you could never get the horse saddled fast enough to suit her. As a matter of fact I took her out to the horses the day before she had surgery, and you couldn't even tell she was sick. She will forever be in our hearts and is dearly missed. I would like to say a special thank you to Aidyn for the beautiful picture and note she colored for me. It really meant a lot to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Jess, she was such a good dog. We know how much that hurts. Dave and Laura